Award-winning freelance photographer Zdenek Sindelar, a.k.a. CuriousZed, has earned his keep in the profession by paying keen attention to detail and believing that in every image there is a story to be told.
His work was exhibited at numerous galleries and is available via several name-brand art agencies.
Zed was born and raised in former Czechoslovakia and although he currently resides in the Czech Republic (after living for 20 years in The Netherlands), the photographer has traveled the world—with camera in tow—shooting everything in sight throughout Europe, Africa, America and Asia.
In the past, Zed has commandeered a number of artistic endeavors, including managing a music bar, teaching guitar or working in a graphic studio.
- Featured in SHUTR Photo Magazine: ‘Nieuw Leven voor het Stilleven’ (transcribed)
- Fotografía contemporánea al estilo barroco por Zdenek Sindelar
- Des œuvres riches en culture
- Stories with Portraits and Fine Art
- Old Masters come to life with a Click
- Von Alten Meistern inspiriert
- Фотограф Zdenek Sindelar
- An International Perspective With Zed Sindelar
- Capturing the Light of the Soul
- Meet Netherlands Photographer Zdenek Sindelar
- Curiosity Did Not Kill This Cat
- 'Details that matter the most'
- Photography as a curiouszedy
- Art+Commerce / Vogue
- Doendoe B.V. / The Netherlands
- Holland America Line - Artlink Ltd. / Israel-USA
- Afdeling Juridische Zaken / The Netherlands
- Salvation Army Amsterdam / The Netherlands
- JOKR s.r.o. / Czech Republic
- Studio Shami / The Netherlands
- Kunstoff / The Netherlands
- Studio Thijs Rijkers / The Netherlands
- Indonongo / The Netherlands
- KristaIsrael / The Netherlands
- "8th Con Corso Buenos Aires" Winner/Finalist - 2016; Milano, Italy
- International Award “GRAN PRIX LOUVRE” - 2016; Paris, France
- “Creators Deserve to be Seen" - Group exhibition - 2016; New York, USA
- “Arcana” - Solo Exhibition - 2015; Blaricum, The Netherlands
- “Stories” - Group exhibition - 2015; Gallery PH21, Budapest, Hungary
- KunstKijkRoute - Group exhibition - 2015; Amersfoort, The Netherlands
- SCOPE Art Show - Group exhibition - 2015; Miami, USA
'The essence of my work is its existence in both contemporary and historical settings. It is based in traditional painting techniques and expressed with relevant contemporary subjects.
My photography reveals the last hold out of human privacy - the mind. I show the quirky choices, impractical infatuations, and peculiar drives of our personalities. While other aspects of digital culture deconstruct distinctions between public and private spaces, I re-energize those considerations. I elevate familiar subjects with high art techniques.
I compose images as Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio might, had photography been an option in his lifetime. Space is carved with a heavy hand following his signature use of light and shadow. The striking contrasts pull us into the frame and beyond the limitations of our logical understanding. The photos provide a voyeuristic window into personal concerns. The hyper- real imagery is both obvious and ambiguous. Viewers must learn to discover that which is lost; to wonder at what might be misplaced.'